By becoming a Superior Fuel customer you will gain peace of mind knowing that you have a team of dedicated individuals working to keep your heating costs down. You are making a solid budgeting decision when you decide to buy from Superior Fuel Co. and take part in its money-saving plans and programs. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day 365 days a year. All you need to do is provide us with the following information and a representative will contact you, or you can simply give us a call.
We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. Simply fill out the form below and a Superior Fuel representative will contact you shortly, or just give us a call.
Duluth (218) 722-2050 Superior (715) 392-3431 Grand Marais (218) 387-1600 Toll Free 1-877-388-1744
BY SUBMITTING THIS FORM, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE FUEL AGREEMENT.
1. Have had the smell of propane demonstrated to me.
2. Have been shown how to shut off gas supply at the tank.
3. Have been provided with the Customer Emergency Information handout.
Warning: Propane is a gas that is heavier than air so it tends to gather in low areas first (such as basements and floors). Propane can deplete the air supply in a given area which can lead to suffocation. In addition, propane is a highly flammable gas, and if exposed to an open flame or source of ignition it can result in a fire or explosion. Because of this, it is absolutely necessary that you follow the safety precautions listed in your Customer Emergency Information handout. Many propane related accidents are the result of a propane system being tampered with, so it absolutely necessary that you never tamper with or work on your gas lines. I have had the smell of propane demonstrated to me, and I am aware of the smell of propane. I have also been shown how to shut off the gas supply at the propane tank, or cylinder, and am able to do this. I have also received a copy of Superior Fuel Company’s Customer Emergency Information handout, and I am aware of the steps and know that it must be followed at all times.
I have received a copy of the new Liquified Petroleum Gas Law (Act 203).
SCHEDULED DELIVERY PLAN AGREEMENT
The Scheduled Delivery Plan is designed to reduce the risk you’ll run out of propane or oil and minimize the need for you to keep track of your propane or oil usage and call for deliveries. It does not, however, guarantee that you will not run out of propane or oil. By enrolling in the plan, Superior Fuel will make deliveries to you based on degree days, the size of your tank, and the estimated usage based on past consumption. By signing this Agreement, you grant permission to Superior Fuel Company to enter your property from time to time to fill your tank(s) as listed below and charge your account for the propane or oil that is delivered.
You also agree to notify Superior Fuel Company any time you add or remove an appliance or your propane or oil usage changes for any reason. You will automatically be removed from the Scheduled Delivery Plan and Superior Fuel Company will not deliver propane or oil to you if you do not keep your account with Superior Fuel current. If you are removed from or terminate the plan, you must monitor your own propane or oil levels and request your own deliveries. If your account becomes delinquent and you request propane or oil, you must bring your account current before Superior Fuel Company will make any delivery. Should you run out of propane or oil, you are responsible for any damage you incur, and a complete system check must be performed before any delivery can take place. Because of the time required to perform this inspection, you will be charged for it at Superior Fuel Company’s then-current rates. If you move or sell, or for any reason choose to terminate this Plan, cancellation must be received in writing and will become effective within 24 hours of Superior Fuel Company’s receipt of your notice.
If I choose the Will Call delivery format, I must monitor my own propane/oil levels and request my own delivery. Should I run out of propane or oil, I am responsible for any damage incurred and a complete system check must be performed before any deliveries can be made.
ACH/ CREDIT CARD AGREEMENT
I authorize Superior Fuel Company to automatically debit the account designated on the front of this form for fuel deliveries and other various charges to my account. Superior Fuel Company is authorized to debit the account under the terms of this agreement until a written cancellation request is received.
TERMS OF CREDIT
All terms must be acknowledged. These terms are not selective. Please read each item.
1. All charges shall be paid within the terms of the New Customer form. Any unpaid balance after that time shall be assessed a finance charge.
2. In consideration of Superior Fuel Company extending credit, we do hereby agree agree jointly and individually to pay all costs including goods, interest, and merchandise supplied to said business. In the event it becomes necessary to place this account with an attorney for collection we agree to pay all costs of collection, including reasonable attorney’s fees, and hereby waive our privilege of being sued in the county of residence and agree that suit may be brought in Douglas County, Wisconsin.
3. All new accounts and current accounts requesting changes in credit status may be required to fill out a new credit application.
4. All orders are subject to sales department and credit department approval.
5. Superior Fuel Company retains the right to refuse shipments of orders to any account with a past due balance.
6. Any account with a balance of 30 days delinquent will be considered due in the entirety.
7. A 1.5% per month finance charge will be placed on all past due accounts.
8. N.S.F. check will be charged a fee of $40.00 and may cause an account to be placed on immediate cash in advance status.
9. Any variation from our published terms must be in writing to be honored.
10. Terms of credit are subject to change.
TANK OWNERSHIP CERTIFICATE
I certify that I own the propane tank or cylinder (the “Container”) located at my home or business, and I have asked Superior Fuel Company to fill with propane, and I have authority to have you fill that Container. The Container is described on front.
I have not removed the name, initials, mark, or other identifying information from the tank or cylinder. I understand that there are laws which require the owner of the Container to authorize a fuel supplier to fill the Container and that it is unlawful for the Container to be filled by anyone who does not have the owner’s permission.
I further understand that Superior Fuel Company is relying on my statements in filling my Container and would not deliver propane to me if I did not own the Container.
I agree that Superior Fuel Company would not be responsible if another fuel company owns the Container and takes action. I agree to defend, indemnify and hold Superior Fuel Company harmless against any loss it any incur, including attorney’s fees, arising out of another company’s claim of ownership of the Container.
I also understand that if Superior Fuel Company believes at any time that my Container is unsafe or in violation any Nation Fire Protection Association code, Superior Fuel Company cannot and will not fill the container until it is repaired or replaced, all of which is at my responsibility and my expense.
BILL OF SALE
Superior Fuel Company (Seller) hereby sells and transfers to Buyer the listed tank on front of form. Seller warrants it has good title to the tank, free and clear of all liens, liabilities, and adverse claims of every nature and kind.